iChat--AIM...how large is the window?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by g.money, Jul 21, 2004.

1. g.money macrumors member

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm looking into setting up my girlfriend (PC) with the necessary gear for a video link up.

I know all the requirements on either side (AIM 5.5 patch etc.), but I was wondering how big/small the windows will be when we finally connect. From the Apple site, Mac-Mac connections can go to full screen depending on connection. What about Mac-PC?

For some reason I have a feeling the PC will be able to see me fine (cuz of iSight) but my girlfriend's image on my Mac will be tiny. Anyone have any experience with this?

Also, why do you think the min requirement for iChat AV is G3 600 and not 500? Is it cuz of video card memory? I'm curious...and, while I'm on the topic, has anyone had success using eCamm's iChatUSBCam program?
  2. zv470 macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2004
    New Zealand
    Hi, I'm experimenting with the same at the moment. I got my iSight yesterday, it's so cool. Anyway... iChat with another mac user was no problems. The PC however... my other mate in Japan doesn't have a webcam yet, we tried to do a one-way video chat between his PC and iChat AV... but didn't work, maybe one-way video isn't implemented between AIM and iChat? He's going to get a webcam soon, I'll give you an update then.

Regarding full screen iChat... found out my rev. b 12" powerbook doesn't support fullscreen because 32MB video card isn't enought, damn, oh well :)
  3. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    works for me

I have a rev. B 12" powerbook and I can do full screen video with another person. We both use iChat AV, so maybe that is why.