ichat ---> aim

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by xwk88, Jul 16, 2005.

1. xwk88 macrumors regular

why cant I use video conference with my windows friends the invite a buddy to view my webcam buton is blured out do you know why it doesn't have the capacity to view users on windows. by the way I'm using an isight with an I mac he has aim the latest version. any Idea on how to make this work.

he's runing windope 98.

2. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

That's like asking if the computer is turned on.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I wouldn't want to see the computer that someone was able to connect the iSight to other then through firewire.

5. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

k

sorry never had a isight thats why !
    any way i have my camcorder connected via firewire and its fine maybe its ichat u need ichat av its a free update sorry to sound stupid :)

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Well since he has Tiger, he's already got iChat AV.

xwk, are you saying that you don't get the webcam option when you select your Buddy's name? Can he see the webcam option next to you when he selects your name? Can he initiate the chat with you?

Do you get as far as 'trying to connect?' You and/or he may also have to check your firewall settings. Here's some info direct from Apple on what ports to open in the firewall

I've read reports of PC users being able to use Trillian Pro for a better experience.

7. Jopling macrumors 6502

Pretty sure windows 98 doesn't support aims video chat feature. Nor does it support the latest aim. I do video chat with my Windows pals all the time. The big question is why do they have such a small unresizeable window?

8. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

exactly...you need xp, latest version and video im patch from the aim site...

TRY THIS:

try viewing your own camera, if you cant then i say its your prob....