iChat and Mail: take forever to start

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chubypig, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Chubypig macrumors 6502

starting today iChat and Mail have taken a good 30 seconds to a minute or two to start. I tried repairing the permissions, but no dice. This is really annoying me. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Logik macrumors 6502a

run your daily and weekly scripts... use Onyx or Cocktail or whatever other maintenance programs allow you to do that.

3. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

When I did a fresh install of Panther about 2 weeks ago, it would start up so slowly. I could start Safari, iChat, any other app and Finder wouldn't have even started up. Finally what I did was used Root to create another account and deleted the account that I made. From that, Finder starts up normally. What I'd do, is create a new User, log in as that user, open the app, log out, login as you and open the app. See if that works.

EDIT: NOTE: If you do delete that user, to get him back as an administrator, open NetInfo Manager go to /groups/admin authenticate using the lock button down in the bottom left, then click down the users and click users then click Directory->New Value type in the name of the user, hit ok, update the copy, log out, log in, and there you go.