iChat AV: "Can't get video from camera."

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by williamsonrg, Sep 29, 2006.

1. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

I have been having TONS of problems with iChat AV on my new Macbook. The first series of problems involved the network, so I contacted my ISP, and I thinkn I got those fixed.

Now I keep getting the message: "Can't get video from camera."

I've looked all over Google, and I haven't found an answer. These forums have never let me down before, so here I am. Please help!

2. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, I found some stuff that says the problem is with postgreSQL... I have absolutely no idea what that means, however.

Apparently 10.4.7 was supposed to fix this issue on PowerPC-based Macs by fixing some settings in the shared memory I have an Intel-based Mac, so apparently I don't get a fix for my problem.

Does anybody know how to change the shared memory settings? I found this guy who fixed this problem, but I don't know how to do it myself.

3. Mr.Gadget macrumors 6502

Mr.Gadget

No fix yet anyone? I just fired up iChat and am getting the message, "There is no camera attached to this computer". It worked when I first got it... but I reloaded the system and did all updates and installed Boot Camp.
    Suggestions?

Thanks!

4. Mr.Gadget macrumors 6502

Mr.Gadget

Never mind... Guess I needed another update!
    NOW, all updates are done and it is working again!