ichat av video chat.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xagoldsteinx, Jan 24, 2006.

1. xagoldsteinx macrumors member

my friend and i are trying to do video chat on ichat. i accept it and it says that i did not accept. when i send him an invite, it says i cancelled. i am getting frusturated. :mad: LOL
    -alex

2. xagoldsteinx thread starter macrumors member

3. FireArse macrumors 6502a

4. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Yes, this issue is firewall settings. Maybe your router?

5. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

I have been trying for weeks to make it work with my dad on another continent. It is terribly frustrating. Let me know if you solved it. The router might be a good suggestion, I'll try that too

6. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Read this, it'll definitely help you understand and hopefully solve the problem you are having:

If that does not work, try trashing your prefs. My iChat AV used to always give me the same errors. After following the above instructions and tweaking my router's settings, it works fine now. Also, try enabling UPnP in your router's configuration settings. That could also help.

7. VTRichard macrumors newbie

ichat av video chat

Alex, I too am having the exact same problem with my mac mini. We should stay in touch so that if one of us finds a solution, we can share share it with each other. Please email me if you do and I will do the same. Thanks.
    Richard in Vermont

8. VTRichard macrumors newbie

If you are still having this problem, check out this site. I may solve your problem. http://www.ralphjohnsuk.dsl.pipex.com/index.html
    Best wishes, Richard in Vermont