iChat - Battery, Wireless Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eluon, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Eluon macrumors regular

I have noticed I am having a problem with iChat when on my battery power and using wireless. After a while, it stops working. I won't receive any of my messages or know anything that is going on. I never know when it has stopped responding. Later on, it will sign me off.

If I plug into my power adapter, iChat will work without any problems.

Any one else experiencing this or have an answer to fix it?

I use my iMac on the wireless and it works perfectly fine on iChat.

2. tallgiraffe32 macrumors newbie

hmm

I have the EXACT same problem. I didn't know that it wouldn't happen if I plugged my computer in instead of using the battery power. And no, I don't know how to fix it. Wish I did.

3. tallgiraffe32 macrumors newbie

It also sucks, because i can't send messages to people. I mean, it'll seem like I'm sending them stuff, but they won't actually get it, and I'll think they did. So I could be talking to someone for hours and they won't get a thing, in fact, to them, it will appear that I have signed off. And I'll EVENTUALLY get some messages that says I have lost the connection or lost service. I'm beginning to wonder if it's using wireless that's the problem instead of running off battery power.

4. Eluon thread starter macrumors regular

yes that is exaclty what happens to me. i'll be taling and they won't get any of my messages. i don't get any notification.