iChat Bug

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by damson34, Nov 16, 2003.

1. damson34 macrumors 6502

If I make iChat inactive and then bring it to the front the blue outline around the text input line where the smiley menu is does not go all the way around. Is anyone else having this happen?

Attached Files:

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I've seen it happen to me before, but it's just so minor, that I really don't care.

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It happens to me, too, but I just figured it was because the blue highlighting would be too thick to wrap around the smilie without bleeding into it, hence it stopping there. Also, it makes sense since the smilie menu is not a part of the text field which you use to type text, so there is no reason for it to be highlighted in the first place.

4. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

2 things bug me about the new ichat; for one, its a bit particular as to where you click on a chat window to bring it to the top of the desktop. also, for some reason, i CANNOT change the size of my buddy list window whatsoever.

5. jermsmingy macrumors regular

still horrible mobile support

I can add a mobile phone to my buddy list in aim and then log onto ichat and it shows up, but if I try to associate with a person it deletes it from my buddy list. Come on apple, it can't be that hard to allow mobile phone support. I know you can open a new chat and type in the phone number, but I want the number to stay in my buddy list.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Rich, are you sure you're using the right corner of the window?

7. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

I have seen this. However it doesn't drive me crazy like the smilie pulldown. I think I would like the smilie guy if he was off to the side, or anywhere - just not in the text box. I don't really use them at all, so they take up typing space. Maybe they could make that smilie pull down have a metal background.

8. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

im a newbie, but not THAT new! yes, im using the lower right hand corner, same as any other ichat window. Tried restarting it, closing/reopening the buddy list window, nothing whatsoever.

If I launch a rendevous window, I can expand and change the size at will.

9. joshuwa72 macrumors member

mine does this too.

after I send a message or click around somewhere else then come back, the blue highlighting goes all the way around.

it does not bleed into the smiley thing, and theres no need for it to stop there, its just a minor glitch.

dosnt effect performance and is barely noticeable so I dont even think about it.

10. DVDSP macrumors regular

Re: still horrible mobile support

I never seem to get this to work. I always get a message saying "That user is not currently signed on" or something like that. How do you do it exactly?

Also, to stay on topic, I get the partial box outline also, but again, so what. My main problem with iChat is that it is constantly crashing on me. Sometimes when people log in or out or, if it's hidden and I click on the iChat icon in the dock, or if I log back in using FUS it will immediately crash.

11. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

12. DVDSP macrumors regular

It only started after I installed Panther. Every time it crashes I get the opportunity to send Apple a crash report. Most times I send one but not all. Other than that I have had no other problems after the Panther install except for a kernal panic within ten minutes of my post-installation restart.

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Re: iChat Bug

Are you sure that's the bug? Since it has the smiley menu, I think it's not all supposed to have the focus ring (the blue outline).

14. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

That's what I thought, but if you click on the chat window above the text field, then click back onto the text field, the whole box including the smilie menu is highlighted. Either way, it's such a small thing that I never really noticed it since it literally means nothing in terms of affecting the way I am doing something.