Ichat Communications Error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andrewsexton, Feb 2, 2007.

1. andrewsexton macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a Ibook G4 and have just bought a ISIGHT cam. In ICHAT when trying to do video chat with friends I keep on getting a communications error everytime i try to connect. Any ideas? I have a Linksys WAG54G v2 router. If you can help please contact me on:

ICHAT: essexsquash2006

thanks

Andrew

2. Maynerd macrumors regular

I can't help you but maybe someone that sees yours will be able to help me too.

I tried using ichat and used a AOL log in. When I try to log in it connects then right after it disconnects me. Any ideas why this might be happening? I have an imac.

3. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

4. EmptyG macrumors regular

joejoejoe - I am having these issues too. I will check it out and try it myself.

To get to the page to forward ports, you have to go to your main router pages (usually just type in 192.168.1.1 into a broswer window). The go to "Applications and Gaming" and you should see a section for port forwarding.

Info about your specific router: CLICK HERE

Click there and open the user guide (PDF file). Do a search for "port forwarding" and it should walk you through the process.

5. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Thanks EmptyG -- I went to the Applications and Gaming pane and made it out to look exactly like that picture I posted... but still no cigar :(

This is the first time we've had a router that successfully allowed for internet to be reached throughout our entire home -- I really don't want to go buy an airport... waste of money if we can figure this out! plus, I don't want to mess with my now pristine connection....

Anyone else, please, pitch in! A lot of us are having this problem!