iChat has never worked for me...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Gus, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Well, I've been running Jag and iChat since their releases, and I have NEVER, NEVER, been able to use it properly. AOL people never show up in my buddy lists, and I can't IM them at all. Any ideas? My fiance uses it fine. Oh yeah, I have reinstalled OS X and it didn't help.

Regards,
    Gus

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

did u set up an AOL Instant Messenger account name properly?...did you add your buddy list?

3. TheT macrumors 6502

Similar problem here... when using my .mac account, I barely ever see people in my list. I know they're online, I checked it with Proteus and my AIM account... and, when using the AIM account with iChat, it mostly works. So I guess .mac doesn't really work with AIM all that great... I do have set up everything right, I already checked it a few times... well, my solution: I'm not using iChat or my .mac Screenname. And won't do it til it supports ICQ either (which will most likely not happen) :) Proteus all the way

4. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

if you are using an AOL s/n, did you register the same s/n with AIM? because aol is like that

5. TheT macrumors 6502

I'm not using AOL, so I have a normal AIM s/n and the .mac one... i guess it's just iChat being weird :rolleyes: