ichat i.m. hacking!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kingcat07, Feb 27, 2007.

1. kingcat07 macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2007
    okay sooo i imed someone and then 2 minutes later there like your done...all over a sudden everyscreen name on my buddy list startsing iming me say ahahahaha some font and everything....sooo obviously this is some kind of trick has anyone ever herd of this...
  2. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

Sep 11, 2002
    <translation>Okay, so I IM'ed someone and then 2 minutes later, they're like, " you're done."
    All of a sudden, every screen name on my buddy list starts IM'ing me saying, "ahahahaha!!!!!!" - same font and everything.
    So, obviously, this is some kind of trick. Has anyone ever heard of this?</translation>

Even translated, I don't believe it. It has bad grammar, bad spelling, zero punctuation, an Apple exploit, and a postCount==1. Hmmmmmmmmm...
  3. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    Were the messages really from the screen names on your buddy list?

It sounds to me like you got flooded. This is when someone uses a program to mass-message you from a series (ex. aimrobot1, aimrobot2, through aimrobot23408234834) of screen names.
  4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2007
    You are a better person than I am. I looked at the post, saw the join date, and said "Why waste my time on this?"
  5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
    You mean I should ignore your posts too? :D
  6. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2007
    I would if I were you.
  7. kingcat07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2007
    how about i start over cause your a lil pickey. Well I was on my computer and on ichat at the time. I notice a screen name on my buddy list. So I i.m them and say "hey who is this", they say "Your Done". I "X" out the i.m window and about 30 seconds later i start getting i.m's from people on my buddy list saying "ahahaha sucks for u" i look look at all the incoming i.m's and they say the same thing. Now I sign off aim (ichat but i call it aim) and people start i.ming me again. Does anyone know how this is possible and if its something i can do back to this person! :D thanks!
  8. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2007
    Question 1: Nope, no idea how (or if) thats possible.
    Question 2: If you do not yourself know the answer to question one, then no, there is nothing you can do back to them.
  9. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
    Unfortunately if you want to be a member of this forum you'll have to get use to it :eek:

However I've never seen this and as someone already suggested you may have been "flooded" or maybe you're just a very popular person? :)
  10. Peace macrumors P6

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier

Airplane 1976? you speak great W00T!!Bonics :)
  11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    If you're saying that they IMed you after iChat was not running, then I'd say you're making up stories.

If you're saying that you were trying to sign out of AIM, as in my screenshot, sure it's possible that iChat was overwhelmed and couldn't quit.

If you haven't run Software Update recently, you should, to see if there is an update that would stop such a possibility.

Attached Files: