iChat - importing AIM buddy list to .mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matttrick, Sep 25, 2006.

1. matttrick macrumors 6502

Ok so I want to use my .mac account on iChat. I have an aim account for my pc but i want a seperate account to use on my mbp. basically, i want to see if there is an easy way to get all of my aim contacts onto the .mac buddy list. i would rather not manually add 200 or so people :(

is this possible? ive searched and the only thing i seem to come up with is how to import the contacts into another aim account.

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

you can on leopard, i suppose thats not all too much help, but if you give me log in for the accounts i can move them all over in a flash, you can have multiple accounts of any type and just drag the list accross.

3. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

id rather not give out my login info, no offense. if you could explain how its done im sure i can handle it :)

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I guessed as much, it's just theirs no other easy way I know of.

if you change your mind just pm me.

5. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

nevermind, i figured out how to do it. but thank you for the offer! i knew you could log into aim through ichat, but i didnt know you could log into .mac through aim. i just exported my aim list, logged into my .mac account through aim, imported the list, and then went into ichat and its all there =D

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

ah good, I've never used any client but ichat so I don't have much experience with anything elce.