iChat In Panther

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Rajj, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

IChat will not let me attach any files in Panther.

Also, when my buddies are online, it does not displays them as being online.
    Any suggestions?

2. joeyjojoe macrumors regular

silly question, but are you sure you're connected to the AOL network? is it just some buddies or are all buddies not available? can you not drag and drop files onto a chat window?

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I did a clean install with Panther so iChat is flawless for me, but if you did an upgrade, then perhaps you may need to delete the plist file for iChat since the Jaguar version could be causing a conflict with iChat A/V. Also, you should repair permissions if you haven't done so since Panther royally screwed over my permissions even with a clean install.

4. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I am positive I am connected to the AOL network, because I am able to chat with my buddy list only if they request a chat.

I did do a clean install, but I copied my user library from Jag, so that may be the problem…. I’ll try deleting iChat’s plist file

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Copying your Library from an old version of OS X to a new is one of the worst things you can do. Any new plists etc that reside in the Library will be overwritten with old ones. Then, when your new Panther apps try to read new settings (ones that didn't exist in Jaguar), they'll find that they don't exist and could get into a panic.

6. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I never had a problem before!

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member