iChat is retarded.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by WeeShoo, Aug 26, 2005.

1. WeeShoo macrumors regular

Well, most of my friends have Windoze machines, and whenever we direct connect to send pic's and stuff, All I get is a little icon that is a piece of Paper... the file is always called ''*noname1*

???

- WeeShoo

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

How can iChat be retarded? How can a string of 1s and 0s have any thought? Oh, well...

Err... I have no idea. Had you thought of possibly dragging the file out of the window and onto your desktop?

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

that is because your friends don't know how to send files. I have had to yell at my friends for it, then they understand and send it the correct way.

And a program retarded? I think a lot of the people i draw at the hospital that are disabled would take offense to that.

4. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

drag the file onto your desktop...

i dont think its ichat that is retarded :rolleyes:

5. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

there is some type of operator error here...i send files an pics with people on windows machines all the time

alll i do with ichat is drag the file in to the text-entry bar (where you type what you want to say) and then send the message, and it sends the file...

you may have some sharing restriction set in a preference somewhere...

i use ichat all the time and would definitely not refer to it as 'retarded'

6. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

Honestly, the is the second thread in the last two days to use the word "retarded" in this way. I am not usually a "Politically Correct" person (or PC person... I couldn't resist on the Mac forums) but really, I think that this is very offensive.

7. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

It's just latin

Actually, he *could* have been using it appropriately here. It's just a Latin carry-over for "slow." It's still used in many fields, including music, biology, and education.

:)

8. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Very true. The word retard is used for a hell of a lot more than just talking about retards. Oops, I've gone too far.

Lighten up, let's not turn this thread into... well, maybe it's inevitable.

9. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I realize what retard can mean; I've taken Latin. However, that is not the way that it comes off, and excuse me if I don't think that it is necessary