ichat/isight problem... can't do isight chat with anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sharky II, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Sharky II macrumors 6502

Sharky II

Hi

I can't get ichat to work with isight. as in, i can see the preview of myself, but when i try to connect i get an error and

I've tried it with someone on a g4, tiger, latest ichat/software (but no isight, would just be me broadcasting), and with someone with a mbp with built in isight.

i have a 15 inch powerbook g4 1.25ghz, 1gb ram, latest OS/everything.

It says this:

[​IMG]

There's also all the error message which is really, really long. I pasted that into a text file to save it, but didn't post it here as it might not be useful at all.

Any ideas?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What speed internet do you have? iChat is temperamental at best. :(

3. taijuan macrumors member

You're not the only one. After I updated to 10.4.8, my ichat video stopped working. You get error -8 ( some kind of communications error ) and it hasn't worked since.

If you look on the apple website discussions, you'll find that lots of people have this problem and some have posted work arounds. These work arounds seem to work for some and not for others. They didn't work for me.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=544113&tstart=45

4. KonradM macrumors newbie

Using iSight on webChats

Hi!
    I just bought macbook, and i see that i can't use my built-in cam on web chats - i mean local chats, not msn or iChat. Do you have maybe solution for this? I have already installed latest version of Macromedia Flash Player, but it's still not working.

Cheers,
    Konrad

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What program are you using? Is the iSight being used in another app at the same time?

6. KonradM macrumors newbie

Well, I tried to put iChat on, just to turn on the camera, but i don't know how to turn it on myself... Well, btw. I tried to chat on www.chats while iChat was on or not, but it's still not working.... Do you know maybe if you can turn on iSight yourself not using any of apple software?