iChat issues need help quick

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjamindaines, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I have an iSight with iChat (AIM account) and I can video chat with people on Windows but I can't video chat with my one friend with a Mac. When either one of us invites the other a message always comes up that says something like "User did not respond". This happens with Audio chat too. I have never tried to audio chat with any Windows AIM user but I can do it just fine over Bonjour. My friend claims that he was audio chatting with his uncle the other day (has a Mac too). What weirdness is going on here? Has anyone else had this issue? How does one fix this?

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

sounds like a firewall issue to me. If it works for both of you to different people and just not to each other, it has to be that. Either of you have firewalls on that you could turn off and then try?

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Ralph Johns over at the Apple Discussion forums has hashed this out in excrutiating detail: link. Do a search there and you'll find what you need. It worked for me...