iChat Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eluon, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Eluon macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2005
    Spring, Texas
    Hello to all my fellow Mac Bro's and Sisters!

I have a few questions about some technical issues with iChat. The version I am using is on Panther.

1) Does anyone else receive an error when adding people to his or her buddy list and changing their screen names to a real name. I.e. Changing my buddy's screen name: johndoe1234 to show up on my buddy list as: john, gives me an error stating the individual could not be added to my list. THEN, when I log off and back on again, John appears on my buddy list as if nothing went wrong.

2) Does anyone else have a problem talking to people that are "invisible" on Windows versions of AIM? When someone goes invisible on AIM for Windows, I can receive their messages, but not talk back.

Are there any ways around these issues? I just bought a 17inch iMac G5 with 512mb of Ram and 250gig hard drive to upgrade from my 12 inch iBook and was wondering if Tiger fixes these issues. I haven't been able to open up my iMac yet because I am working in New York until early July and my computer was delivered to my house right after I left. *Gasp* I know, it is sad!
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Tiger fixes #2, but I've never had a problem with #1