iChat Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eluon, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Eluon macrumors regular

Hello to all my fellow Mac Bro's and Sisters!

I have a few questions about some technical issues with iChat. The version I am using is on Panther.

1) Does anyone else receive an error when adding people to his or her buddy list and changing their screen names to a real name. I.e. Changing my buddy's screen name: johndoe1234 to show up on my buddy list as: john, gives me an error stating the individual could not be added to my list. THEN, when I log off and back on again, John appears on my buddy list as if nothing went wrong.

2) Does anyone else have a problem talking to people that are "invisible" on Windows versions of AIM? When someone goes invisible on AIM for Windows, I can receive their messages, but not talk back.

Are there any ways around these issues? I just bought a 17inch iMac G5 with 512mb of Ram and 250gig hard drive to upgrade from my 12 inch iBook and was wondering if Tiger fixes these issues. I haven't been able to open up my iMac yet because I am working in New York until early July and my computer was delivered to my house right after I left. *Gasp* I know, it is sad!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Tiger fixes #2, but I've never had a problem with #1