iChat messages: Too many, too fast!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Superdrive, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

So I remember when iChat AV was in beta and the response always came up:
    I, and other iChat users that I talk to, have been running into this again as of late. This is happening after three succeeding messages in one window! Normally, I can shoot that many across five windows and not have that issue. Is anyone else seeing this lately? Perhaps AOL is just doing some upgrades...

later-superdrive

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I think when you do a direct instant message (control click, or send a picture) this is bypassed.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

same here

If I type several messages too fast, then it won't let me type for a minute or two and i get that same message, which sucks when you are responding to someone. I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to iChat 2.1. I don't understand how this is possible, I mean, I would think that audio and video would take up bandwidth then text. i have never had this problem for any other program or any other version of iChat. I really hope they fix this problem with Tiger.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've
    only
    seen
    that
    when
    someone
    sends
    this.

I've had it happen once or twice but only when I was being stupid and typing more and thinking less. :D

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

:D Still very annoying. Happens to me often at the end of conversations where there's a lot of cya, bye, etc. If I want to say sth. important then, before the other person leaves and I cannot send that is when it really aggravates me.

6. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

It happens to me too, and I don't type like that. It is quite annoying because the person you are talking to thinks you are ignoring them for that interim in which you are unable to respond.