iChat on Panther

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by geekay306, Nov 29, 2003.

1. geekay306 macrumors newbie

This is my first post... so bear with me... I just got an eMac with Panther, we are talking today. I share it with my dad, and on my account I'm using iChat. I was wondering if it was possible to change my AIM profile on iChat.. I can other people's profiles.. but I don't have one... :( can that change? Thanks so much!

2. geekay306 thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh i had another question... i have an ipod right... and i have like 500 songs on it.. is there anyway i can transfer those songs onto iTunes? i was ripping them off my cds on to my brother's comp and putting them on my ipod.. but now i want to take all the music on my ipod and put it on itunes.. which is now.. empty. thanks.

3. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Re: iChat on Panther

You can't make profiles in iChat...which pisses me of but Apple hasn't added it. Send them feedback though. I have several times.

4. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Yep it can be done. There are several programs that let you do it...here is one.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/iPodAccess/

5. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

If you're new to Macs then definitely check out alternatives to iChat, like AIM, Adium 2, Proteus, or Fire. I like Adium 2 the best. I don't mean to sabatoge this thread by dissing iChat but I feel it's important that people know there are alternatives...unless you really like iChat in which case carry on.