iChat Prob

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skunk, Nov 13, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have only used iChat a couple of times - without any probs, on the default settings. I was mid-chat today (audio only), and tried to send a file. iChat refused, and now won't let me log in to AIM at all, citing an "error 9". Anyone have a clue what this means? Every time I try to connect, it says "Lost connection with AIM". I didn't even know I was on AIM... :confused:

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Well about the sending files part. For me drag/dropping the file onto that person in the list seems to work for me all the time. But it only seems to take when the person is "online". If their status is "away" then iChat doesn't send the file. At least that's how I've noticed it working. Then again, I haven't sent any files lately over iChat so I don't know if that's changed.

3. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I send/recieve files when both people are "Away", seems to work for me. However, both users need to be using iChat or else it doesn't work for me.

OP, sorry i don't know what error 9 is :(.

4. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

It works now, but only since I deleted my account and started a new one, AND disabled encryption. Not very satisfactory.:(