iChat problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejadedmonkey, Dec 8, 2006.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

In iChat, if I click on the menu icon in the top menu.. so I can set my status, the menu jumps to the other side of the monitor, and then I have to use the arrows on the keyboard to set it, since if I move the mouse the menu disappears. Here's a screenshot..

Pretend the mouse is on the blue highlighted part, between the adium icon and the screen settings icon. And yes, my resolution is 600 x 800. My monitor is a TV this week :-\

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Try repairing permissions. Some people have posted similar problems with spotlight, also try changing your resolution, then changing it back, which has helped others.

3. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I haven't tried repairing permissions specifically, but I'm pretty sure I've repaired them a few times since this started happening (months and months ago). My screen resolution gets changed on a daily basis. Any other ideas? I'll try the permission things tomorrow when I get back to it..

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I'd try editing some of the status messages to see if shorter ones don't get it to move back to the regular position. I think it's trying to compensate for the longer messages.

Good luck.

Actually tried a long status message and did replicate the problem.