iChat problems since iPhoto 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joed, Feb 1, 2003.

1. joed macrumors regular

I went and updated to iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 this morning. And this evening I started up iChat (for the first time in a while) and saw that all my buddies had dissapeard and my personalised photo had changed back to the old version!

I checked the version and it's the most recent (1.0.1). When I attempt to load buddies into it, it generally crashes, or if I quit and then restart iChat none of the buddies are there. I'm glad I don't use ichat much and that I only had 4 buddies on it. Am I the only person having this issue? I can't seem to find any one else experiencing it (checked Apple discussions and here).

Any suggestions? Do I need to trash a preference in my library or something?

EDIT: I just relaunched iChat and it seems to all ok now. Hmm, just a weird temporary problem!

2. Ajmbc macrumors regular

Nope, I just installed iPhoto 2 and i ran iChat and all of my buddies were there. Did something funny happen during installation? Let me know
    -ajmbc

3. Ajmbc macrumors regular

I don't know what I did but i just started iChat again and had the same problem! Is it some kind of bug in iPhoto? or iChat?
    =ajmbc=

4. Switcher2001 macrumors member

Tried to delete my post

I thought I had the same problem, but now I'm not so sure I do. Tried to delete my own post but the system wouldn't let me.

5. Ajmbc macrumors regular

6. joed thread starter macrumors regular

No, I didn't have any problems during the installation of iPhoto.

But it doesn't matter now seeing as it seems to be working again!