iChat Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by besler3035, May 27, 2005.

1. besler3035 macrumors 6502

This is the second time this has happened...first time was in Panther, this time in Tiger, so I know it's not the operating system at fault.

I have a friend who has always shown up in my iChat buddy list, but then randomly disappears. I check another screen name and he's online. I ask him if he's blocked me, and he says no. This happened earlier this year and I actually checked the person's computer over to make sure, and he was right.

I don't want to have to make another screen name! What is going on???

2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Ok iChat in my opinion is pretty *****. Just use Adium , that is if you only wanna chat and stuff. If you want to video conference, i am afraid you are stuck with ichat and i dont really know how to fix your problem. I heard that skype is getting video conferencing soon...i hope so

oh what does your friend use, is he/she MSN, .Mac, AOL etc?

3. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, no, I've tried Adium and other alternatives before and I don't like them as much as iChat. I'm not asking for an alternative to iChat, just a solution to my problem.

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Maybe just try deleting your account settings, iChat's preferences file and starting again? Oh and of course don't forget to repair permissions! :p