iChat problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nghall, Feb 2, 2004.

1. nghall macrumors newbie

I am having problems when using iChat. I have set up several people on my network onto iChat most using an AIM screen names. One user however always remains faded on my buddy list, we can chat but for some reason I can never get him into my buddy list.

Please help...

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

When you try to add them to your buddy list, does it give you a "feedbag error"?

3. nghall thread starter macrumors newbie

iChat

No error message at all. It's happened again with another user. When added to buddy list they are both faded, the option to add buddy directly from the toolbar when chatting is also unavailable. Where'as with other users I have sent them a message and they just went to the toolbar and selected "add buddy - my username" with no problems.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

When you are chatting with them try dragging there icon to your buddy list.

5. nghall thread starter macrumors newbie

6. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Do you have ALOT of people on your buddy list? I find that there's a limit to how many you can have, and once you reach that limit it won't let you add more.

7. nghall thread starter macrumors newbie

8. m4rc macrumors 6502

They may have set the preferences so that you/all/some people can't see when they are online. Tell them to check the preferences. In my prefs, it only allows people I have selected - people I talk to the most - to see when I am online. This stops you being bombarded with messages.

Marc