iChat Problems!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Capt Underpants, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Ever since I've had my mac iChat has worked properly... until yesterday.

All of the sudden, my buddies who are online are not all moved to the top. I have to scroll through all my buddies to find the people who are online. That's a pain. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Have you set the View options to "Sort by Availability"?

Attached Files:

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

D'oh! Newb alert! [​IMG] [​IMG]

When you drag someone's name to another slot, iChat will keep everyone's name in the same place until you adjust them. The trick in the above post works, but go to Sort by Last Name and then Sort by Availability. That way, you have an alphabetized availability list as you had originally.

4. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Yeah, I'm a mac newb, but hardly a computer newb. Isn't this what the forums are all about? Atleast give me some props for switching....

Anyways, you guys have answered my question. Thanks

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think King Cobra was just kidding. You've got ~700 posts, man. No one thinks of you as a newbie. Even if you'd never touched a Mac before, you'd have to have picked up at least something reading the threads and writing those posts. :)

6. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

No worries about the newb thing, but I just wanted a simple question answered.... I know that it was rather simple question, but I am trying to get used to new apps and a new OS. I don't doubt he was kidding, though. At least he did provide some useful information after the joke ;)