iChat profiles/user info

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StephanieA, Feb 12, 2004.

1. StephanieA macrumors newbie

Feb 12, 2004
    On AIM, one can add a "profile" to include a small amout of information that people can access. I love iChat, but I'd really like to be able to have a profile while I use it. Is there any way to do this? Am I missing something?
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    You're not missing anything. It's not available, even though you can view others' profiles.
  3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    do what i did:

i think it's crazy not to include it. even if you change your profile in aim and sign on in ichat, the program resets it. it's such a basic feature....

4. jholzner macrumors 65816

Jul 24, 2002
    Champaign, IL
    I've sent them this same feed back after every revision of iChat...and I KNOW i'm not the only one...why won't Apple listen?? Animated buddy icons are another! Hope it happens at SOME point. I know lots of mac users who refuse to use iChat because of the profile thing and the lack of animated buddy icons.
  5. StephanieA thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 12, 2004
    Thanks for that link, I sent feedback for the profiles and animated icons also.
  6. crd12344 macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2007
    you can make a profile

You guys are all idiots. You can definitely make a profile. All you do is got to buddies on the menu bar thing at the top and click on change my profile. The keyboard shortcut is option apple I. If you really want to do a special font or color, which i wouldn't, go to format: show fonts.