Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephanieA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2004
On AIM, one can add a "profile" to include a small amout of information that people can access. I love iChat, but I'd really like to be able to have a profile while I use it. Is there any way to do this? Am I missing something?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You're not missing anything. It's not available, even though you can view others' profiles.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Originally posted by realityisterror
do what i did:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/ichat.html

i think it's crazy not to include it. even if you change your profile in aim and sign on in ichat, the program resets it. it's such a basic feature....

®éå1

I've sent them this same feed back after every revision of iChat...and I KNOW i'm not the only one...why won't Apple listen?? Animated buddy icons are another! Hope it happens at SOME point. I know lots of mac users who refuse to use iChat because of the profile thing and the lack of animated buddy icons.

StephanieA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2004
Thanks for that link, I sent feedback for the profiles and animated icons also.

crd12344

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2007
you can make a profile

You guys are all idiots. You can definitely make a profile. All you do is got to buddies on the menu bar thing at the top and click on change my profile. The keyboard shortcut is option apple I. If you really want to do a special font or color, which i wouldn't, go to format: show fonts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.