Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
Is there a difference in setting up your .mac accont throught iChat then the AIM one? Are there and benifits or losses by doing one or the other? Thanks for the help!!!

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Does anyone else have problems with iChat unexpectedly disconnecting from AIM accounts, and not being able to log back on until you restart your computer? I don't know if it's a problem with my iChat, or a problem with the server I am working off of.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Re: iChat Question

Originally posted by derekamoss
Is there a difference in setting up your .mac accont throught iChat then the AIM one? Are there and benifits or losses by doing one or the other? Thanks for the help!!!

Ive noticed that with iChat I wasnt able to join any chat-channels officially available on AOL homepage. It works with AIM though...

Is there a workaround to join a chatgroup with iChat?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I like iChat but...

Sending files does not work very well with iCat and AIM users. In fact i havent been able to send a file yet.. .only have it show up (if its a pic) on the other guys chat window.

I would also like a stock ticker to be built in like AIM has... I would like that alot.

-evildead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.