iChat Questions....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Dec 11, 2004.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

I was trying to use iChat inreplace of AIM. I have a few questions. How can i do a direct connect like I can in AIM so i can send / receive pictures with buddies? I cant for the life of me figure it out... any one know?

Thanks

2. orangejasmine macrumors newbie

iChat Send File

3. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Like orangejasmine said, all you need to do is drag the file or picture to the text box, and then should be able to download/see it.

4. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

But I am not chatting with someone who has iChat... They have AIM

so when they try to send me something... they have to direct Connect... and it dosent allow it...

5. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Stop sending your pictures out on the internet haha

6. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

They must be doing something wrong, or you have a setting that doesn't allow it somewhere. I use iChat, and AIM users can direct connect no problem. So, the good news is that it can be done--bad news is that I don't know how to help you. :eek:

7. orangejasmine macrumors newbie

iChat

iBunny...after reading the above posts, I'm inclined to agree with nosen...I've used AIM to AIM direct connect and iChat to AIM and vice versa to send text files, music, and pictures...without seeing for myself, I'm not sure what the problem could be...maybe you could try a yahoo or google search using direct connect and iChat or AIM as keywords...the internet is a wonderful place.