iChat/Rendezvous Question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by DVDSP, Jan 18, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

My wife and I both use Airport to connect to the Internet, file share and print. I've noticed that whenever we both happen to be using iChat neither of our names appears in the others Rendezvous window, but we both show up in the AIM window. I don't get it. We are both running 10.2.

Any ideas how to get it to work?

2. macrumors 6502a

Do you have "Enable local network messaging" enabled under accounts in preferences?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah

Both computers have "Enable local network messaging" checked off.

I don't know if this makes a difference but she is on an iBook and I'm on a Dual 450 Graphite. I have Internet Sharing enabled on my computer and she connects through mine.

Thanks

4. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

why don't you try turning the network messaging on...then get back to us

5. macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I think by "checked off" he actually means checked (enabled). Like when you make a list, and you say, "I've checked off everything in the list."

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try to be more clear, hope this helps.

To stave off any confusion: Yes, I do have a screen name entered, but I blurred it out. The check boxes are a nice Aqua blue, but since the window was not active when I grabbed it the blue doesn't show.

Aside from having different screen names, the settings on both computers are exactly the same.

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 65816

peterjhill

also, do you open up the rendezvous list of who is on. They do not show up in your aim buddy list.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I have both the Rendezvous and the AIM lists open, Rendezvous is ALWAYS blank. And it is the same on both computers. I show up in her AIM and she shows up in mine but neither of us shows up in the others Rendezvous list.