Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDrebsky6868

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I have MAC OSX (10.3) and I have all the security updates. I own an iSIGHT which I use to communicte with my famiily and friends while I'm away at school. A problem I have been having lately is that my iCHAT will open randomly as if I had opened the shutter to my iSIGHT. When I look at my iSIGHT I can clearly see that it is not open. I understand that when you open the shutter iCHAT automatically opens. However, this is not what is hapening. It opens randomly. My question is to whether the iSIGHT is defecive, if their is a bug in the iCHAT software, a combination or if someone is hacking me. This started to happen while I was in a dorm. Now I am in an apartment and am no longer on the network. I provide my own cable internet access. I use wireless but I am on a secure network only allowing myself to enter. I have no idea what the problem is; any ideas??

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
RDrebsky6868 said:
I have MAC OSX (10.3) and I have all the security updates. I own an iSIGHT which I use to communicte with my famiily and friends while I'm away at school. A problem I have been having lately is that my iCHAT will open randomly as if I had opened the shutter to my iSIGHT. When I look at my iSIGHT I can clearly see that it is not open. I understand that when you open the shutter iCHAT automatically opens. However, this is not what is hapening. It opens randomly. My question is to whether the iSIGHT is defecive, if their is a bug in the iCHAT software, a combination or if someone is hacking me. This started to happen while I was in a dorm. Now I am in an apartment and am no longer on the network. I provide my own cable internet access. I use wireless but I am on a secure network only allowing myself to enter. I have no idea what the problem is; any ideas??
might be iffy iSight ?? never seen this one b4 .

repair permissions and reboot mac see what that does if not ask Apple support what they think !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.