iChat update and MWSF connection?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by officerdick, Jan 5, 2007.

1. officerdick macrumors regular

Just looked at the apple page describing the new iChat 1.0 update.
    To me it seems quite odd that Apple dose not have information on what has been patched. Mabey they are patching so iChat becomes capatible with the Apple Phone(formaly know as iPhone), or mabey something completeley else?

2. officerdick thread starter macrumors regular

Just found this in the iChat executable
    Phone is ICQ?

3. officerdick thread starter macrumors regular

i just tried to open the encryption nib file and it makes an error and in the window it says CANOT LOCALIZE repeataly

4. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Do you ever get the feeling you are talking to yourself?

Seriously though, I suppose it could have something to do with a MWSF release but you would also expect an OS 10.4.9 to co-inside with it. Also an iTunes update and maybe even iPhoto if they are all going to sync together. Only 4 days to go though...

5. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

That's simply isPhone and isICQorPhone stacked next to each other. If you do strings /Applications/iChat.app/Contents/MacOS/iChat > ichat_strings.txt in the Terminal and then open ichat_strings.txt, you'll find them separated in this way. Furthermore, those strings exist in my version of iChat, which has not been updated yet. Near that area, I get:

Looks pretty much the same.

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

By the way if an Apple Phone is released it will not be called iPhone and thats a 100% bet, Belkin or some other company already owns the trademark, there is a Skype handset called iPhone by this company.

Your post reminds me much of the Marathon Story page :) the tru7h is out there...