Ichat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by edwardlanti, Feb 17, 2005.

1. edwardlanti macrumors regular

Hey guys i just bought a new powerbook today yahhhh!!!!!. i am a newbie.i just switched. but i am having problem with Ichat i havent been able to open it. everytime i click on it, it jumps once and then it stays there and nothing happens.i tried quitting it and open it again but the same thing happen. what do you suggest me to do?

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Does it actually do nothing or does it say iChat in the upper left hand next to the Apple. I only ask because a friend had a similar experiance switching from Windows. The program might be running but no window is appearing because you haven't yet set up a userid for it.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Have you tried repairing permissions using Disk Utility in the Utilities folder?

Have you tried Software Update (twice for my new machine last week) to make certain that you have everything updated?

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

You need to input your AIM/.Mac account details into iChat's preferences before anything starts showing up...have you done this?

And congratulations on your new PB!

5. Jason_Bryan macrumors regular

Like the other posters have said if you see iChat displayed on the menu bar next to the blue Apple logo you may need to go to the preferences item and add your account name and password. Once you have managed to set it up, if you need someone to test it with you are welcome to IM me. My details on in my profile. Happy chatting.

6. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

yeah guys that was problem lol
    i had to manually put my account informations and stuff. so far i am gettting the hang of it. thanks for the help :)

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Glad you got it sorted out :)

You'll get the hang of the 'Mac' way eventually but you know where to come if you run into any more trouble, after using the search button of course! ;) :p