iChat

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CubaTBird, May 3, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

in the activity monitor under utilities.. it says that the ichat program is fine.. but the ichat agent is "not responding"... it says this every time i have ichat open... y?

2. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

just discoverd another ichat bug, if u send a JPEG image to a aim pc user via the aim window, the pc aim user won't c the image, try it out for yourself.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I've had many PC users see jpgs. they have to have direct connect turned on

4. BigEvan23 macrumors member

BigEvan23

iChat multiple account log off

Pardon the ignorance...but why can't ichat stay logged in anymore when I try to sign on from my Treo 650 or my other computers in the house? Is this a new feature...cause every-time i sign on from whatever computer/device im on it automatically logs the other off. I dont see where you can change that.

Please help.

Thanks!

Evan

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Same here... You can't miss it either, it says it in red letters in the activity monitor.

6. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Same here. I noticed last Friday after I had installed Tiger. What's worse is you can't close the agent without iChat having to be restarted. Guess we will have to wait for 10.4.1 to hopefully fix this problem.

7. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Well, I found a temporay workaround/fix. If you close iChat, then open Activity Monitor, iChatAgent will still be open and in red. Force Quit it, then reopen iChat and the iChatAgent wont be red. I dont know how long it stays that way, or if it fixes any problems, but when I woke up the morning iChatAgent was back to "not responding"

iChat 3 has way too many bugs, I cant believe it was released in this current state.
    *waiting for a fix*

8. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

another bug, i have a buddy icon on my ibook setup and pc users c it fine.. but then i go onto aim for pc and my buddy icon is no where to be seen... and in ichat 2.1 it was seen from other users both times when id use ichat and aim for windows.. so go figure..