iChat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andypress, Sep 20, 2003.

1. andypress macrumors regular

Is there any possible way to run iChat on OS 10.1.5? I doin't mean the av version, just the regular instant messenging client.

2. Farside161 macrumors member

not to my knowledge. iChat was an added in 10.2 and was never made availble for download.

3. andypress thread starter macrumors regular

There has to be some kind of program/hack that'll let me run it; that's how I'm running 10.1.5 on my 9500.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

cant you hack jaguar to run on those machines as well. i think your computer is nearing its end. maybe you should consider a upgrade. but for the time being check out adium, its a worth competitor to ichat and i prefer it many times.

iJon

5. andypress thread starter macrumors regular

I got it for free on loan from my friend for probaly for a long time, so im not really complaining. I'm a recent mac convert and I'll probaly be buying a Powerbook next summer.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The Rendezvous technology would have to be available to 10.1.x for iChat to work. I've heard of a few who've tried and failed. <hears a line from Dune here>

You can always try AIM, Adium, or Fire.

7. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Re: iChat

iChat uses the new system wide address book that wasn't available in 10.1.x. So I don't think it can be done.