iChat

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mattpen, Aug 1, 2002.

1. mattpen macrumors member

How do you create an info for urself in iChat?

2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i believe that you must enter in the info you want on your card in the address book, but i'm not sure, i could be wrong.

does anyone know how to recieve files from users on windows aim clients? a friend tried to send me a file and when i clicked the link, it said that ichat was waiting for him to initiate the upload (eventually closing and saying that he never sent it), while his client said that i never accepted the file send. is this one of those many ichat bugs, or am i doing something wrong?

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

you switch to AIM and wait till iChat gets a major update, because as of now it is total crap, but it has great potential. Just wait for an update that allows more AIM integration, but until then use AIM.

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

except for the file transfer capability, i'd rather use adium. adium blows ichat out of the water, but i payed for 10.2, so damn it, i'm going to use ichat. it seems that recently, apple been releasing a lot of stuff before its done, i dont really like this approach, as the mac has always been known for hardware and software that "just works". if the latter fails to hold up its part of the bargain, apple will lose ground fast.

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Why is my iChat taking soooo long to connect?