iChatAV in Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by berkleeboy210, May 6, 2005.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Hi Gang,

My Copy of Tiger is coming tomorrow, and I just had a quick question about iChatAV.

In Previous Versions something that has bugged me is that you cannot make a profile, for example if you were using aim and you clicked on the info button a profile would appear.

I'm Just Curious if this feature is enabled in Tiger? If it's not does anybody know any 3rd party programs that will allow me to incorporate profiles into iChatAV?

Thanks!

2. besler3035 macrumors 6502

Yep, iChat for Tiger finally has profiles built-in...definitely a feature I'm looking forward to as well.

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Yes, you can. Here is some visual feedback for you. :p

Attached Files:

4. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

excellent! I'll be uninstalling AIM tomorrow. i personally think iChat is much better designed then AIM. only reason i was using it was for the profiles.

Thanks dudes!

5. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

be weary though.. the profile editor in ichat under tiger is uber basic, so when u type stuff in.. a pc user will c it in 12 point font and with Arial font ( i think) no if thats now prob for ya then go ahead! ;)

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Don't upgrade (you said you'll uninstall AIM, so you implied you're upgrading). Do a clean install. Save us the trouble of listening to your Spotlight troubles.

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Why always the talk of clean installs. I just did the upgrade, and all is running well. I think this is more of a mind over matter type thing. I bet the real # of problems is equal regardless of how you install. And yes, I chat does have profiles, now if they could only have a way to read away messages better. :rolleyes: