iClip - iHate it... anything better out there?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, Sep 9, 2006.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

OK, I downloaded iClip 3.7 from maczot when they were giving it away for free. I read nothing but raves on macupdate and everywhere else...

...but I hate it. Makes me think it's me that's the problem... think I'm definitely missing something.

Here's what I like about it: you can position it anywhere, seems to really work as far as grabbing whatever i copy and also works when I want to paste. So far so good.

Here's what I absolutely hate: it is sooooooo limited!!!!!! Every clipboard has a handfull of bins, and when you run out of bins, it's supposed to store your clips in the clipboard recorder... WELL IT DOESN'T!!

I also hate the fact - absolutely hate - that the clipboard will push out new clips when the bins are full, which happens REAL FAST. Poof! You just lost your clip! I lost tons of stuff that I was copying, important stuff. It's not in the clipboard recorder, it is nowhere.

I guess what I was hoping was for something that would store almost an unlimited number of clips, or at least ARCHIVE them!!! NOT LOSE THEM???!!!

If all iClip is, is simply a slightly souped up regular clipboard that has a few more clips, then this is not worth bothering about - and I'm junking this app immediately.

What I want is something like iClip, but that STORES tons of clips as many as I wish AND DOES NOT LOSE THEM.

Is there such an app? TIA!

2. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

I remember using iSnip a while ago . . .

::20ROGERSC::

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You could try using the Shelf and Clipboard in Quicksilver that you can set up to use with up to 50? clips...