Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horsebattery

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
Someone else said once every 2 weeks, and that is clearly an exaggeration. It goes down nowhere near like that.

Prove to me that iCloud is worse. Compare all the iCloud outages with the other services outages.

I'm waiting.
Oh my role was simply single out your hyperbolic and apologist posts that regulars on these boards have long been aware of. You might want to start on your backlog of wild claims if you're looking to be anal and requesting proof of exaggerated statements.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
I know this is random but the iTunes interface is so terrible.
Right? And remember how OS 9 didn't have protected memory? I know it's a little off topic, but how obnoxious was that?

I kid, I kid. What's interesting about this is I know I've gotten email since 8:30 pacific time, so I guess I'm not affected? These wide spread failures always seem to miss me somehow. I'll just be over here counting my blessings I guess.

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
It's been off and on for hours where I am. Sometime on for awhile, then going off/on very quickly.

Trying to get business done this way makes me want to look into non-Apple alternatives.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Someone else said once every 2 weeks, and that is clearly an exaggeration. It goes down nowhere near like that.

Prove to me that iCloud is worse. Compare all the iCloud outages with the other services outages.

I'm waiting.

march 11 - Apple: Services back after major outage
april 1 - Latest Apple service outage affecting App Store & iTunes

may 21 - Outage alert: 11 Apple services are having serious problems this morning

yes may not be every 2 weeks but often enough

Reactions: Jamalien

Keerock

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Did iCloud get hacked? Did I miss that?

Unless of course you mean the celeb thing recently where people used rubbishy simple passwords that got guessed which could happen on any system......

Not on any system. Only those poorly architected and coded allowing limitless guesses. Like Apple used to allow. So it wasn't guessing, it was brute force via alogorithym.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
Not on any system. Only those poorly architected and coded allowing limitless guesses. Like Apple used to allow. So it wasn't guessing, it was brute force via alogorithym.
And bad passwords...

xplora

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
iTunes Store, Mac App Store appear to be having issues now (at least in New Zealand) getting "The server gave an error during download: 503 Service Unavailable." in the Mac App Store, while iTunes App Store downloads just complain the store is temporarily unavailable.

And the status page is now reflecting that.

Last edited:

Willo34

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2015
Netherlands
Pfff, only back up for me since late last night. They need to get their ducks in order so this doesnt happen as often as it does now.

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA
To the guys arguing about Apple vs Google, I can tell you that Gmail's IMAP authentication is really hit-and-miss. That's half the reason I've stopped using it in favor of iCloud and AOL (yeah seriously, AOL's mail just works).

Reactions: Benjamin Frost
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.