iCloud and Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Morod, Jun 20, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

Morod

I'm probably not going to upgrade to Lion. I've had (and like) MobileMe since .mac. MM is definitely going away.
    Has anyone seen/heard if iCloud definitely will not work with Snow Leopard? I've seen it's free with Lion. Could that mean those with SL could use iCloud with a payment involved? Or is it a software-based problem?
    Any help would be nice. I just haven't seen/heard anything that says iCloud WILL NOT work with SL.
    Thanks.

2. macrumors 68000

FreeState

You will still be able to use iCloud, only some of the new features won't work (Apple doesn't say which ones).

http://www.apple.com/icloud/what-is.html

3. macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

I agree, Just when MM was beginning to work perfectly for me... I sync my 3-macs flawlessly now and use some of the features of MM in my business among 15 more macs in groups of 5.

Still, I will embrace the change or get left behind. If I don't like what iCloud brings I will move on to something else...

I really think that apple will come thru with iCloud for personal and business use. Lion looks fantastic. I really like the changes that have been made to it. It feels better and even more refined then SL. I also like what is going to happen with Lion Server AND you simply can't beat the price!!!

I think it will all come out in the wash :)

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Morod

Thank you for the info and the link, FreeState.
    Guess we just wait and see what Apple says.