iCloud backup problem

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by selekta, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2011

I'm having some problems with backing up to iCloud from my iPad. When I first installed iOS5 today and setup iCloud, I used my iTunes account sign in. It synced with iCloud and performed a backup properly.

Unfortunately I then realised that I should be using my old MobileMe account, which I successfully copied across to iCloud and setup on my iPhone. I went in and deleted my iTunes account details from the iCloud settings, and entered in the new account details. This seemed to verify correctly, and I am able to view contacts, calendars etc. stored on iCloud and save documents to iCloud from goodreader.

However when I try to switch on iCloud backup, it displays the error message 'There was a problem enabling iCloud backup'. I have tried multiple times over a number of hours, and on several different wireless networks to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Thanks, Pete
  2. macrumors 6502

Aug 25, 2011
    I'm having problem - however using my Apple ID
  3. macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2011

I had the same issue. The solution is to choose back up to iCloud through iTunes on your pc/mac instead of to computer. This will force the setting through whe your iPad/phone is connected. The back up doesn't seem to work at the moment though. Congestion issues I presume.
  4. macrumors 65816

Aug 9, 2008
    My iPad worked and backed up when I switched to iCloud at work today (faster connection than at home for first backup). I can now backup here. But my iPhone gets the message others are getting. Can't connect to iTunes to switch it until I get home.