iCloud backup suddenly too big

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samintx1226, May 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

My last iCloud backup of my iphone 4S was 1.9G. Just a few days later, without having adding any apps, photos, or anything, it says the next backup is 6.8! I have turned off and/or deleted all apps except what is native to the phone. I turned off the camera roll and documents and data. It still says the next backup is 6.6. I cannot figure out what is taking up this space and have searched the forums. I read that imessage backs up every attachment ever sent/received in an imessage, but I don't know how to delete them or if that's even correct. Any help would be appreciated! (I also posted this on the icloud forum.) :confused:

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone, anyone?

3. macrumors regular

bloutrein

iCloud backups include app data. So it is of little importance how many apps you have installed on your iphone. If you have a large number of messages in your Messages app, simply tap on the "Edit" button on the top left corner once in the app. Next, tap on the red "-" circular icons and tap "Delete".

4. macrumors 604

cynics

Also, try deleting your back up and turning it back on. I usually gain quite a bit of space back by doing that on occasion.