iCloud Confusion

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Resist, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    Today I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5. I have a MobileMe account and am confused about iCloud because it is asking me to create an email address. Does this mean I will lose my MobileMe email address? Can't I still use it?
  2. macrumors 68030

Jul 28, 2011
    It's my understanding that those of us with existing active MobileMe accounts can use our @me.com email addresses. Seems that I read somewhere that new addresses are available as well.

Since I have decided to wait and see while the bugs are worked out, I dont' know how to convert over yet. I think that's why Apple extended our MobileMe subscriptions.
  3. macrumors member

Feb 5, 2011
    Hmm...thats odd. You have tried transferring your MobileMe account to iCloud, right?

If thats not the case, it's probably a bug that will get worked out soon.
  4. thread starter macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    I hadn't done this yet because I didn't understand it. But after looking it over, it says that I also have to put Lion on my MacBook Pro. I don't want Lion on my MBP, because I don't want to spend the money or get the lower battery life that it causes.