Resolved iCloud deleted all of my emails. Solution!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by AlphaDogg, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors 68040

May 20, 2010
    Boulder, CO
    I upgraded my MobileMe (was originally a .Mac account) to iCloud. I had to delete my MobileMe account from my computer (10.7.2) and re-set it up as an iCloud account. It only downloaded my emails from October 5th and later. I wanted all of my emails, from 2008-onward. I called AppleCare, and only after being transferred between about 5 advisors, I got transferred to a senior advisor who got me on my way to restore all of my emails from my Time Machine backup (backed up on October 8th). I then noticed that my Mail app and only had one emailed stored (from the same time that I started to restore emails from my backup). I panicked. The guy whom I spoke with told me that it will be alright and my emails are on my backup. I started to restore the emails. It worked just fine. My iCloud account is still restoring emails, and is on January 2010 right now. I ended up having 11,775 emails on my Time Machine backup. Thank god for Time Machine! I have never had to use it, but now that I have to, I see its value.

So if you are having the same issues that I am having, just restore your emails from your Time Machine backup.

Time Machine user for life,