iCloud does NOT support WindowsXP

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ericinboston, Jun 9, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

anyone else notice this? Only MS Vista and Win7.

I wonder:

a)why?...as whatever "syncing" technology surely doesn't rely on the OS...it relies on iTunes and iCloud itself...not some magical OS api.

b)just how many folks are going to be ticked about this. There is such a huge percentage of people on XP (for lots of reasons!) that Apple is denying them use of iCloud. I am on XP both at work and home...really doubt I will move to Win7 as I just don't see the need, don't see the enticement (what features, exactly, does Win7 have that XP doesn't?), don't want to buy a new computer right now, and Win8 is out this Fall.

2. macrumors 6502

Even Microsoft's itself dropped XP support, It is really normal Apple also drops :)

3. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

No different to the Mac side of things

The current OS, Snow Leopard is not supported by iCloud, the only one that works is Lion and that isnt even out yet

If you want to use Apples latest features, you need the latest software

Sucks, but thats how it is

4. OllyW, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

OllyW

Staff Member

5. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Generally speaking isn't making icloud compatible to any 10 year old operating system that has significant security issues. I doubt that the masses of win xp users are going to be up in arms about not having icloud.

Windows 8 is not due out until 2012 (or later) not this fall