Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilcmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2016
One of my biggest grievances with iCloud Drive on my iPhone (and the main reason I haven't completely transitioned from Dropbox to iCloud Drive) is that if I want to look at a Word/Pages document saved to my iCloud Drive, instead of opening up a preview of the document in the iCloud Drive app, the document opens in the Pages app. It takes a while for the file to load and be optimized for the iPhone Pages app, which is incredibly annoying if all I want to do is quickly look at some information in the document, not edit it. In iOS 10, does the iCloud Drive app still open up documents instead of offering a "quick look" at them within the iCloud Drive app?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One of my biggest grievances with iCloud Drive on my iPhone (and the main reason I haven't completely transitioned from Dropbox to iCloud Drive) is that if I want to look at a Word/Pages document saved to my iCloud Drive, instead of opening up a preview of the document in the iCloud Drive app, the document opens in the Pages app. It takes a while for the file to load and be optimized for the iPhone Pages app, which is incredibly annoying if all I want to do is quickly look at some information in the document, not edit it. In iOS 10, does the iCloud Drive app still open up documents instead of offering a "quick look" at them within the iCloud Drive app?

May not be exactly what you're looking for. But if you swipe down to reveal the Date/Name/Tags tabs, over on the right there is the hamburger menu. Selecting that changes it to a list view and gives you a "i" info icon with each document. Tapping that gives you a small preview of the document (I have only tested with 1 page documents though)
[doublepost=1471646664][/doublepost]Also. If you save the document to the Preview folder in iCloud Drive it will just open a preview and not Pages app.

Reactions: magicMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.