Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
Hi there,

Is anyone else experiencing a delay in iCloud emails getting pushed to their iPhone?

Unless I go into my email app, the iCloud emails are not downloading. All iCloud mail settings are set to PUSH not FETCH.

It's been happening to me for at least a few days - if not a week.

Thanks in advance
matjamca

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Hi there,

Is anyone else experiencing a delay in iCloud emails getting pushed to their iPhone?

Unless I go into my email app, the iCloud emails are not downloading. All iCloud mail settings are set to PUSH not FETCH.

Thanks in advance
matjamca

Yes, absolutely. Exact same situation you have described. I go into the mail app the suddenly have a dozen emails, most of which say they were received hours ago. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this.

Reactions: matjamca

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
Is there somewhere we can report this to Apple, other than through Customer Support?

I haven't got time to wait on the phone while they try all sorts of diagnostic issues out. I've done all the diagnostic issues myself

e.g. Restarted iPhone, Reset Network Settings, Disabled/Enabled iCloud, Disabled/Enabled iCloud Mail, Turned off/on Push, Disabled/Enabled non-iCloud email accounts

Nothing has worked so far :confused::(

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Is there somewhere we can report this to Apple, other than through Customer Support?

I haven't got time to wait on the phone while they try all sorts of diagnostic issues out. I've done all the diagnostic issues myself

e.g. Restarted iPhone, Reset Network Settings, Disabled/Enabled iCloud, Disabled/Enabled iCloud Mail, Turned off/on Push, Disabled/Enabled non-iCloud email accounts

Nothing has worked so far :confused::(

Just chat with them and let them know what steps you have already completed. They will file a ticket and it will go straight to engineers. If you do bug reporter, it could take weeks.

colburnr

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Hi there,

Thanks in advance
matjamca

Same here..there is a thread in the iOS10 forum talking about this.

JoshVB

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2002
Hi there,

Thanks in advance
matjamca

I just got off the phone with Apple. Started having the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 Plus this morning - iCloud mail wasn't pushing to the phone. The solution Apple Support provided fixed the problem in my case. Go into Settings and then Notifications. Go to Mail and then iCloud. Turn off Badges, Show on Lock Screen, and set alert style to none. Now leave the settings for a minute and then change them back to how you had them before. Send a test message to yourself and see if you get notified.

Josh

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I just got off the phone with Apple. Started having the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 Plus this morning - iCloud mail wasn't pushing to the phone. The solution Apple Support provided fixed the problem in my case. Go into Settings and then Notifications. Go to Mail and then iCloud. Turn off Badges, Show on Lock Screen, and set alert style to none. Now leave the settings for a minute and then change them back to how you had them before. Send a test message to yourself and see if you get notified.

Josh

Yes, but in an hour it will stop working. If you delete the account and re-add it same thing. It eventually stops and all emails get bunched up. The only temporary fix right now is to set it to fetch very 15 minutes, but it uses a lot more background power.

Reactions: whsbuss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.