Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Hi just wanna confirm atm i cannot send or receive emails from iCloud

and if i go to iCloud.com and log in takes forever almost never to load the mail app

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hi just wanna confirm atm i cannot send or receive emails from iCloud

and if i go to iCloud.com and log in takes forever almost never to load the mail app

There's definitely something wrong Mail. I know others are like me in the sense that I can receive emails but cannot send them from my iOS device.

I'm gonna give Apple the benefit of the doubt to get things in order by tonight. They did launch a lot of new things yesterday...

But either way, after Jobs mentioned how Apple failed with MobileMe - I was expecting a better experience with iCloud.

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
Yes it's not working for me either, receiving does not seem to be the Problem but I cannot send any mails. I than deleted my iCloud account from Mail and tried reading it which failed.

p02-imap.mail.me.com - not answering

KenOzz

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
Lincoln UK
Yes it's not working for me either, receiving does not seem to be the Problem but I cannot send any mails. I than deleted my iCloud account from Mail and tried reading it which failed.

p02-imap.mail.me.com - not answering

Same for me:mad:

Been getting password not recognised error all day, then intermittent email delivery

Now nothing at all, I though I had left all this behind with MobileMe seems like the same problems have migrated over with the Data transfer to iCloud

Early days I suppose but not looking good, Hope it gets fixed soon :(

Madonepro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
I have the same problem and cannot access via mail or iCloud.

I thought i'd try going to the online support, where I used to have to go when having an issue with MobileMe.
But now you have to put your serial no in, and then it says if you are able to speak to someone, based on your applecare eligibility.

This was never the case with MobileMe, you paid for the service and expected the support when needed. In fact I am paying for iCloud until my MobileMe subscription runs out.

At this rate with all the screw ups in the last 7 days, I seriously having my doubts about Apple. My iPhone won't update, I can't get email sent through! And Lion sucks...

pitkane

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2010
iCloud mail works but having some problems with Mail app... Anyone know if I can add alternative From: addresses to iCloud mail, need to use my schools email address as a sender?

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Ouch! I thought by now Apple would have figured out how to launch Internet services properly by now (read: MobileMe).

coz

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2008
had off and on problems all morning. Now when i login via the web it says mail is locked due to account maintenance.

floobie

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
Canada
I'm having the same outgoing issue. I can't say I'm surprised... the service was just launched to the public. I haven't fully switched to iCloud anyway, and I probably won't for a while. First I need an iOS device to actually take advantage of the majority of it. Until then, I'll keep using my Gmail account primarily.

Here's Apple's system status site:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/systemstatus/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.