iCloud question!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Jessay, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Jul 29, 2011
    So right now my MacBook is asking me to sign in my apple id for iCloud. I use all of my iTunes stuff like buying music etc through my email account. BUT I have a MobileMe account as well. Which account do I use? Thanks!
  2. macrumors 603

Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    MobileMe everywhere except Store, then you use the email address you use for buying stuff.
  3. macrumors 68000

Sep 16, 2008
    I was wondering the same exact thing. I have a non-mobileme address for my iTunes purchases. I also use the same non-mobileme e-mail address for Facetime on my iPad. However, I also have a mobileme address that I only use for one of my e-mail accounts as well as find my phone.

Now, on my kids' iPod Touch 4th-gens, they do not have mobileme accounts, but use my iTunes acct for the app purchases and for FaceTime they have non-mobileme email addresses tied to it. For them, am I assuming that I will need to sign up for new iCloud accounts if I want all the syncing and to find them and so on?
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jul 29, 2011
    I used my MobileMe account, but I'm not sure if that was the right decision...