Icon BUG

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Lz0, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Lz0 macrumors regular

I have noticed that on occasion Panther gets its icons confused as below.

[​IMG]

Magnified (typical M$)

[​IMG]

Now that hasn't worried my up till this happened.

[​IMG]

Yes it is/was a smutty little pic.

This was in the office and was very nearly VERY embarrising, and I hadn't been looking at any smut.

Is anyone else having issues like this? And is it possible to overcome?

2. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

oddly enough, something similar happened to me yesterday. no smutty pix, but a lot of my icons were just plain scrambled, or swapped to other unrelated apps. (many folders showing up as the Stickies icon or just visual static.) couldn't find any leads on it, but a logout & restart did the trick.

let me know if you find any info, i'm curious as to what this is.

3. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I've seen is occasionally. It's odd, since a similar bug used to happen in OS9 too, and could be resolved by rebuilding the desktop database. Strange that it's carried over into OSX.

4. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

It's a caused by a screwed up cache, to refresh the Finder cache, remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist, then force-quit the Finder.

5. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

does it mean anything that this has been happening regularly over the past few days? i haven't installed any new software.

6. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

No, nothing significant. It just means your icon cache became corrupt a few days ago and has been serving up the wrong icons. I have had this happen a couple of times I don't think it's a sign of a bigger problem.

7. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yeah, this happens on my work Mac, but never on my home Mac or my laptop. It's an irritant at most.