Icon Preview

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bludragon3710, Mar 27, 2006.

1. bludragon3710 macrumors newbie

Feb 26, 2006

I think a large missing feature compared to windows is the fact i cant find a way to have an image preview of a video file.

Not to mention vlc works pretty well but its not groundbreaking or anything, anyone know a good app that plays divx, xvid, ogg, mkv files?

Next one is if u open the image preview in windows the arrow keys can be used to goto the next image, im osx i need to manual click on each image or open them all... is their a preview program that behaves more like the windows one??

Other than that go mac, i turn it on and i.. just.. works... lol

Ohh another odd problem is when my monitor goes to sleep osx wont wake it up... 9.2 will, its a 21in lcd on a g4 quicksilver. Only seems to do it when its connected via the adb-dvi dual link to the lcd, regular 15pin dsub it wakes up, i worked around it by setting it to never sleep and always have the screensaver running as i turn the monitor off whenever i leave the room anyways.

Well hopefully i get some input!! thanks!
  2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    As far as image preview, just highlight all the pictures, and then double click on one to open it. It will give you a list along the side of preview and then you just click that instead of double-clicking each individual picture to open it.