icon sites

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by howard, Apr 27, 2003.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

anyone know some good icon sites ...besides xicons

i'm looking for a wide variety of icons...a place actually similar to xicons would be great...i have browsed there entire site and found a few good ones but i'm looking for a lot more. just curious where you guys go for your icons.

2. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

yeah...

iconfactory.com used to be good. Haven't been there in a while, though.

3. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

got a question about icons...it seems like the only way i can replace a folder with a new icon i have to completely empty out that folder...or make a new one and move everything in it...now i've got some folders i'd like to change with like 10 gigs of files...i don't want to move them all around it would take awhile...is there anyway around this?

4. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

yeah, go get CandyBar from Versiontracker. It's awesome! It does all of the converting of most system folders.

If you want to do it manually, open the "Get Info" window of the folder who's icon you want to change, then do the same for the folder that already has the icon on it. Click on the icon that you want, "Copy" it (use command + c), then select the folder icon in the "get info" window and paste the one you copied.

Reading back, I realize that my explaination probably got you really lost. PM me and I'll give you better directions.

5. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

wow thanks alot...this program rocks...i used to do it manually but like i had said you can't do it when theres things in that folder and it would be a pain to move everything around twice.

also this thing can change the apps folder?? thats so great!

thanks again